IGD-TP Symposium and Webinar – First Announcement
Save the date!
We are delighted to announce that the IGD-TP will hold an international symposium on the role of optimisation in geological disposal programmes for radioactive waste. Hosted by Nagra on 11-13 January 2022, the event is open to all IGD-TP members and stakeholders interested in geological disposal of radioactive waste.
To enable access and involvement of all interested parties, the event will be held in two parts, with a 3-day physical event in Switzerland followed by a live webinar, including panel discussion and a question and answer session. The symposium will include sessions on:
- the role of optimisation in disposal programmes at various stages of advancement
- technology and material optimisation
- lessons learned from optimisation in large infrastructure projects
- integrating optimisation for safety and sustainability
- global optimisation approaches and applications
You can find out more information in the first announcement and on the dedicated IGD-TP Symposium webpage. We look forward to seeing you there!