Safe ND 2023
13th September 2023 to 15th September 2023
Exact venue to be announced.
SAFE ND 2023
Following the success of the first SafeND symposium, the German Federal Office for the Safety of Nuclear Waste Management (BASE) has set a date for the second symposium to be 13-15 September 2023 in Berlin.
The symposium will facilitate intra- and interdisciplinary discussions on the latest findings in the following research areas:
- Decommissioning of nuclear facilities
- Interim storage of radioactive waste
- Final disposal of high-, medium- and low-level radioactive waste
- Site selection for deep geological repositories
- Participation and communication processes for nuclear safety and waste disposal projects
- Safety culture related to nuclear disposal
- Socio-technical aspects of nuclear waste disposal
Young scientists in all fields of nuclear safety and waste management are encouraged to present their research findings at the safeND symposium. The topics will range from the decommissioning of nuclear facilities to the interim storage and conditioning of radioactive waste to final storage deep underground. Technical and scientific aspects will play just as important a role at safeND as questions of participation, safety culture and risk communication.
The symposium will include presentations and poster sessions, as well as workshops and open discussion sessions. The symposium will take place on site in Berlin (venue yet to be determined), and live streaming will be available.