First Modern2020 Monitoring Training School
19th May 2019 to 26th May 2019
Äspö Hard Rock Laboratory,
SwedenView on Google Maps
The first Modern2020 training school about Monitoring in Geological Disposal of Radioactive Waste will be held at SKB’s Äspö Hard Rock Laboratory in May 2019.
You will find the brochure of the Training School here and further information on the Modern2020 website at http://www.modern2020.eu/training/modern2020-training-school.html
Application has been extended to 8 March 2019.
The training school will:
- Increase your knowledge in monitoring technologies and techniques
- Provide basic knowledge on monitoring system design, installation and operation
- Discuss social aspects of geological disposal monitoring
The Modern2020 Training School is targeted to offer an overview of monitoring aspects in the field of geological disposal (in crystalline and clay host rocks) and methodology to conduct a monitoring strategy. The training school aims to provide participants a set of competences based on the work inside the Modern2020. Through lectures, practical works and field demonstration activities, the participants will improve their understanding of:
- Nuclear fuel cycle and radioactive waste types
- Relevant processes for the geological disposal during operational phases and early post-closure phase
- Role of monitoring for geological disposal during operational phases and early post-closure phase
- Methodology to select monitoring parameters
- Monitoring sensors and technologies
- Monitoring system design, installation and operation
- Contribution of monitoring data to decision-making
- Expectations from different stakeholders
More information is available on the Modern2020 project website: http://www.modern2020.eu/
Modern2020 Training School Flyer
Description: Modern2020 project, flyer for a training school about Monitoring in Geological Disposal of Radioactive Waste at the Äspö Hard Rock Laboratory, Sweden (19–26 May 2019).
Last updated: January 11, 2019